babies

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1st OB visit today

Had my first prenatal visit today. The first thing the midwife asks, of course, is "how are you feeling?" So I tell her the last 10 days have been miserable, I couldn't go to work on Monday, I don't know how I'm going to get through this, yadda yadda yadda. What does she say? "That's great! That means your pregnancy is progressing like it should!". Great. However, I do feel a little better today. I read that vitamin B6 can be helpful so I took some last night and this morning and I think it's making a difference. I have high hopes for going to work tomorrow, so wish me luck! I go back in a month (12 weeks) for blood work and my first ultrasound. They offer the 12 week ultrasound as part of a screening for certain chromosomal abnormalities. I am not high risk, but I feel it is still valuable information to have. Bottom line, the 1st trimester is just survival. I need to just keep trying different things because what works one day, may not work the next. Hmmm. Kinda like parenting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try grapes... they worked for Chandra, and allowed her to go to dance class. Maybe lemon drops would work since lemonade helped. I don't know, you know I have no experience with such things, so maybe I should just shut my mouth. . .:) Love you Kelly, hang in there.