babies

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Official transition to 6 month clothes

I have been waiting for Michelle to grow into this onesie, dreaming of the following photo montage!


"All the better to EAT you with, my dear!"

Yes, it's official. We have squeezed Michelle out of the last of the 0-3 month clothes. And HERE is the pile of barely worn 0-3 month clothes we are left with!
Luckily, I found a wonderful second hand children's clothing/toy store. I scored an almost-new looking Baby Einstein jumping saucer for just $40 (retails for $85). Since she was low in warm 6 month clothes, I bought a few cute outfits all under $10 and that includes the top AND bottom! Everything in the store is in great condition and some things even still have the original tags! They will buy gently used clothing too so guess where I am headed on Monday with her 0-3 month clothes? I'll tell you, as a mom, it doesn't make sense for me to buy her new stuff that she will only wear for 3 months and I might as well send them on down the line. I've heard things like "but what if you have another baby?". Even if we did THEORETICALLY have another baby down the line, there is still a 50/50 chance that the insane amount of pink clothing would not be appropriate should that THEORETICAL child be a boy. I know my mom kept a smattering of items from my baby wardrobe which I admit are nice to have for keepsakes. Grandma Martin sent us a care package yesterday with a new snowsuit for Christmas in Utah and a couple of new Christmas outfits. Too cute for words! I think these items may in fact be keepers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I discovered second hand children's stores when I had my last baby. I had given away everything thinking we were "done" so I had to rebuild an entire boy wardrobe. It's amazing what good quality things you can buy! I would say 98% of EVERYTHING Chase wears is from a second hand store and you would never know it. I always turn in his clothes at the end of the season and usually have enough credit for a good down payment on next season's clothes.

When you go to Utah - try out KID to KID. I save up and go there twice a year when visiting my mom and you can get really really good stuff. the one in Sandy on 94th is my favorite.

Enjoy!

Chandra said...

Love the dog-baby photos!