Michelle commemorates Memorial Day.

Belated Easter Photo Shoot

At 10 months old, I think we can say Michelle is just about sleeping through the night. She wakes up generally once, but Barry can usually cuddle her back to sleep and she has not nursed at night in about a week. I think this is in part due to Barry's trip away from home with her. Though it was extremely hard for ME to be separated from her, she totally learned to be consoled at night without boobie. Barry was initially going to come back with me from Arizona last week on Tuesday, but since it was snowing in Salt Lake and sunny in Phoenix, he decided to stay with Michelle until Friday. This did not go down easy with me. But since I was coming back to work night shifts last week, I couldn't bring Michelle back with me. Though my family has readily jumped in for last-minute babysitting, neither They, Michelle or I would have been ready to leave her all night without mommy or daddy. So Barry and Michelle stayed on. And each night she slept better and better. When they got back on Friday, I was working nights so the routine continued. Then finally, last night, even though I was home sleeping in a bed in the same room as Michelle where she could no doubt smell the gentle wafts of mommy's scent, she slept. And slept. She did wake up once, but Barry gently cuddled her back to sleep until her usual wake-up time around 6:15. All I can say is I hope this is a lasting routine.


A visit with Great Grandma Bea and Great Grandpa Bert.

Family swim time. No wonder Barry wanted to stay a few more days!
In other news, we are finally moving into our new place this week. Though the help and hospitality of my parents has been appreciated beyond compare, we are excited to have our own space again. We'll see how Michelle holds up to yet another environmental change and if it effects her sleep cycle!
No comments:
Post a Comment