The snow is coming! Actually, it is already here in the mountains. On Tuesday in just 30 short minutes from our house, we arrived at Alta, donned our back-country skis, stuffed Michelle in her snowsuit, threw her in the pack, and hiked up to the top Albion lift where we threw out our first powder turns of the season. Once more was I keenly reminded of what an amazing place Salt Lake City is...if you like that kind of stuff! I mean really, 30 minutes from the best snow on earth? Pinch me! And to think I completely took it for granted as a child. In the words of Joni Mitchell "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone..." Well, now I have it back and I will never take it for granted again!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Snow!
The snow is coming! Actually, it is already here in the mountains. On Tuesday in just 30 short minutes from our house, we arrived at Alta, donned our back-country skis, stuffed Michelle in her snowsuit, threw her in the pack, and hiked up to the top Albion lift where we threw out our first powder turns of the season. Once more was I keenly reminded of what an amazing place Salt Lake City is...if you like that kind of stuff! I mean really, 30 minutes from the best snow on earth? Pinch me! And to think I completely took it for granted as a child. In the words of Joni Mitchell "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone..." Well, now I have it back and I will never take it for granted again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment