Everything seems bigger now. Not just the belly, baby, or the boobs, but also the prospect of becoming parents very soon. Big worries, big plans, big fear, big excitement. I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday. Don't have the results yet, but I would be very surprised if the results were anything but normal. Funny, they walked in all loaded with a Rhogam shot to give me since my blood type is Rh negative. I was like "Whoa! Wait a minute, I don't need that since my husband is also Rh negative." They said "Do you have a lab result to confirm that?" Well, no one ever told me ahead of time "If you have a lab confirm your husband's blood type before your 28 week check up, you won't need a Rhogam shot". It was just assumed that "oh, she's B neg, give'er the shot!" Because I asked, they gave me a lab order for Barry rather than giving me the Rhogam. I bet there are plenty of women out there getting needless Rhogam because they don't know to question it. It should be the job of the practitioners to guide women to make informed decisions...and I feel like my practioners are doing a pretty darn good job for the most part.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
28 weeks: The final trimester
Everything seems bigger now. Not just the belly, baby, or the boobs, but also the prospect of becoming parents very soon. Big worries, big plans, big fear, big excitement. I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday. Don't have the results yet, but I would be very surprised if the results were anything but normal. Funny, they walked in all loaded with a Rhogam shot to give me since my blood type is Rh negative. I was like "Whoa! Wait a minute, I don't need that since my husband is also Rh negative." They said "Do you have a lab result to confirm that?" Well, no one ever told me ahead of time "If you have a lab confirm your husband's blood type before your 28 week check up, you won't need a Rhogam shot". It was just assumed that "oh, she's B neg, give'er the shot!" Because I asked, they gave me a lab order for Barry rather than giving me the Rhogam. I bet there are plenty of women out there getting needless Rhogam because they don't know to question it. It should be the job of the practitioners to guide women to make informed decisions...and I feel like my practioners are doing a pretty darn good job for the most part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Such a GREAT pic!!!! And no, those BIG thoughts do not go away...and you're right, they really should tell people that stuff!!
Post a Comment