babies

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beach Weather and Going Green with Cloth Diapers

It really is awesome to be able to walk to the beach on a day like this!





We have made the decision to go with cloth diapering. I made my initial investment today on the Bum Genius 3.0, an all-in-one ONE SIZE diaper. So you may ask, how can one size fit your baby as she grows? It's adjustable! Very high recommendations for durability and ease of use. I found a website with a package deal and a 5% coupon and saved about $2 per diaper. I am very excited to say we won't be contributing to the tens of thousands disposable diapers entering our landfills on a daily basis. The start-up cost is a little spendy at first, but over the months, we will definitely be saving plenty in diapering costs. There are many benefits to cloth diapering: no trash, better skin, cheaper in the long run. I also have a stash of "G-diapers": a hy-brid diaper that consists of a re-usable cover and a flushable/biodegradable insert. Thought that would be a little easier for traveling, camping, and other lengthy times away from home. Either way, I am not throwing diapers into a landfill! I feel so green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Girl! Who's the hippy now?! I would definitely go the same route!