
On Sunday, I finally got Barry to watch The Business of Being Born and he immediately said "We can't do it in the hospital! Is it too late to have a home birth?" Hello! That's why I had been trying to get him to watch the film for the past 2 months! Luckily, thanks to our well connected resourceful Doula, she gave us the names of a couple midwives that deliver home births and at "The Birthing Inn", a free-standing birth center. I interviewed a midwife who is pretty full but said she could certainly accomodate a birth at the center, though it would be logistical stretch to commit to a home birth. Also, due to our insurance, it would oddly enough be more expensive for us to have a home birth than at the birth center. Ohhh, but the birth center is so lovely and comfortable AND the mess stays there. We both feel much better about staying out of the hospital. Of course, if medical necessity dictates, we could be transferred to the hospital. Check out the link for a tour of "The Birthing Inn"!
I finally feel truly at peace that we will be making this experience our own.

1 comment:
That's a GREAT pic of yall!! Glad you're excited about it - can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment