babies

Saturday, October 24, 2009

3 months old


Posting this morning, I am proud to wake up after Michelle slept another one of her marathon 10 hour stretches! I was cautious to label her as a "good sleeper", but for the past 3 to 4 weeks she has slept consistently for eight, nine, TEN hour stretches...in her crib...by herself! Of course, the week in L.A. threw her off the routine a bit, but as soon as we got back home, she settled right back into the game. Michelle and I spent the night at Tammy's on Thursday night and she had some trouble getting to sleep that night, but considering last night's marathon, I am chalking it up to strange surroundings. We picked Barry up at the airport on our way home from Bothell yesterday afternoon and I am happy to say, it looks like that was the last work trip for him for awhile.
Wow. 3 months old. The "Fourth trimester" officially over. We have this little human developing that giggles and smiles and cuddles and experiences her world. What a delight!

Auntie Tammy carries Michelle on our walk on the Sammamish River Trail.
Io is NOT allowed on the nice purple couches at auntie Tammy's house. He knows this. But he does often eye them with a look of longing for the heavenly giant purple dog bed. I was uploading pictures WITH MY BACK TURNED after Tammy left for work and Io found himself and very comfortable spot. He made himself VERY small thinking "If I am extremely still and make myself very small in between these pillows, perhaps I may blend into the scenery and no one will notice..." Sorry Io. I noticed. And Tammy, if you read this, I DID brush off the dog hair after his momentary lapse of reason.

No comments: