babies

Friday, October 16, 2009

Work, Fun, Friends and Milestones

First of all, the format is all screwed up and I am driving myself crazy trying to fix it. Sorry, the words don't match with the photos. I'll try to fix it later.

BIG MILESTONE!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!

Back from California today. Greeted by wet, dark, heavy rain in Tacoma. Yes, we had some rain in So Cal, but there is something nice about the rain when it is actually needed in a particular region. Here are some highlights from the trip!

Michelle decked out in pool attire in San Diego. Unfortunately, the pool felt a little cool for 12 week old babies so she just strutted in her own little beach-wear fashion show.
I snap hundreds of pictures of Michelle but it seems like I am rarely quick enough to catch that heart-glowing smile. Her whole body is smiling in this one! Tuesday's walk on Huntington Beach. Michelle and I made the most of it while Barry hit the road for work. We came across this red rose that looked like it was washed up by the tide. It seemed so random and beautiful to see the delicacy of the petals against the energy of the waves. Of course, Michelle's fair skin and eyes must be protected. Daddy brought home her first pair of sunglasses that day. It looks like our California baby already has the So Cal attitude!
Is there anything cuter than a baby in sunglasses "Bjorned" by her daddy? Thursday, the clouds melted and we were left with sunny, 83 degree weather. We drove to Burbank on Wednesday night which was reasonably close enough to spend time with my good college friend, Heather. And what better thing to do on a fair-weather day with a 3-month-old and an 18-month-old? The ZOO, OF COURSE! The last time I saw Heather's little girl Abby, she was about the age Michelle is now. It was like peering into a crystal ball to see Michelle's future. A little girl, running around, speaking words, eating her little PB & J sandwich, taking in all the animals and naming them in Toddlerese. It really hit me how much Michelle will change in the next year. My baby will only be a baby for such a brief time. Cherish every moment.































No comments: