babies

Sunday, March 21, 2010

8 Months Old


It seems like this last week has just been infant development on steroids! In one week, Michelle went from a very limited army crawl to cruising around the entire house on all fours. Yesterday, just because she wanted to feel super accomplished before her 8 month birthday, she pulled herself up to a stand at the fireplace...with absolutely NO HELP from me. While reading a magazine, I could see her working on it in the corner of my eye and then, with a grunt, presto! STANDING!

For Michelle's 8 month birthday, we also moved her to her OWN ROOM. Yes, it may seem a little silly considering we only have 1 more month here but here's the deal. We tried an experiment last night after 2 very rough nights of "no booby in bed" and removed the cow (me) from the farm (our bedroom). I slept in the guest room with the baby monitor and Barry slept down in our room with Michelle in her crib. Michelle woke up ONCE. That's right. After months of waking every 2-3 hours and noshing on my boobs all night long, she woke up at 12:30. I went downstairs and nursed her, put her back in her crib and headed back to the guest room. She did not wake again until 5:00. I couldn't believe it! I nursed her and then because she seemed sleepy and I missed Barry's warm body, we all cuddled in bed and Michelle slept until almost 7:00...she SLEPT next to me WITHOUT A BOOB IN HER MOUTH! So that's how we concluded that everyone was ready for Michelle to have her own room. We moved her crib while she was napping in her car seat and when she woke up I put her in her crib to check it out and the cutest thing happened: she started playing in her crib like "What a wonderful place you made for me Mommy!" So we'll see how tonight goes.

No comments: