1. Has now mastered the pincher claw and effectively brings small items mouth.
I thought this was amazing yesterday morning when she picked up smashed blueberries and hit the target, her mouth. I didn't enjoy this skill quite so much yesterday afternoon when she found an object (a piece of foil...after I vacuumed AND inspected the play area for small bite-size objects). This object found it's way into Michelle's mouth and caused a choking incident. Yes. My daughter choked. Yes, I saved my daughter's life with a series of back blows dislodging the object. She screamed at first which alerted me, probably because the object HURT...I am not sure what she was expecting it to feel like, I mean, it was a piece of foil! So I picked her up and then she started sputtering and gasping and STOPPED crying which I knew was trouble. Can I just say FOR THE RECORD that Michelle was in my direct line of site, 4 feet away from me. Back blows everyone. Any parent of a small child, I want you to sign up for a CPR class TODAY. If it has been 2 years, it's time to renew.
2. Crawling
Need I say more? Goodbye to "Oh, I'll just leave her on the floor in the living room while I go check email..."

No comments:
Post a Comment