babies

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Great-Grandparents Galore!


An exciting week for Michelle! She had her 1 month check-up yesterday. She is 9lbs, 22 inches long and her head is 14.5 inches. In other words, momma's milk is working just fine! We have introduced her to one bottle of breast milk at bedtime and after some mild protest and realization that there IS and alternate source of "the good stuff", she is sucking back the bottle in no time. It has also been a good way to tank her up for a longer stretch of sleep. Plus, Barry gets to join in on the fun.

Most importantly, Michelle met her Great-Grandparents, Bea and Bert , last weekend. They came down with Tammy and Erica on Friday and we drove up to Tammy's on Saturday. Tammy even had a special cake for the occasion.

Barry is out of town this week for work. This is the first time Michelle and I have been home alone without any help. By the end of the day Monday, the house looked like a hurricane had hit it. It really hit me how much Barry does around the house to keep the wheels turning. As I cracked open a can of soup for dinner, I mourned the loss of chef Barry big time!

I am very grateful to my friend Stephanie who came down with her 7 month old baby and spent the night. She watched Michelle so I could go grocery shopping, made dinner for us, cleaned my kitchen AND made coffee (decaf) before taking off this morning. Michelle and I are heading up to Tammy's this afternoon and plan to spend the night so clearly I am not without support this week!

Io and Stephanie's little boy, Keith, were quite amused with eachother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babies and Doggies are made for each other!