Michelle has had a rough day. Her reflux really picked up the last couple of days and today she is miserable if she isn't either eating or sleeping. She usually has happy time on the changing table ( there is nothing more glorious than a bare butt in the breeze!) but not today. Anytime she lays flat, she cries as miserable, painful cry. She is living on me in the sling wrap today where she seems to feel comforted after eating. There is nothing that wretches at my heart so than to hear my little one so miserable. But, this too shall pass. I hope taking reflux precautions will be enough to avoid medication...we'll see...
For those who don't know, I have decided, after much fasting and praying, to fly to Salt Lake over Labor Day weekend with Michelle. This was NOT an easy decision! Once Chandra and Jason decided to fly out from North Carolina with 9 month old Ethan, I really figured I had to buck up and stop being a pussy and complete the family reunion. Flying from NC is no picnic. From New Bern, It is an entire day of travel, complete with 4 hour layover...did I mention they would be doing this with a mobile, inquisitive 9 month old? And how far is a flight to Salt Lake from Tacoma? Uh, 2 hours...nonstop. My 6 week old will be doing very little at that point except eat and sleep and with the Moby wrap, crying is almost insignificant. The closer was that I was able to get the same flight out as Barry. Barry will be in the Windriver mountains on a long-planned fishing trip with his dad and is flying to Salt Lake as his starting point. So at least I will have some moral support for Michelle's first airplane trip. We'll be on our own flying back, but at least we will have some practice by then. God, I hope her reflux improves by then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment