babies

Thursday, January 21, 2010

6 Months old

It has been an exciting week. On Sunday, we spent the afternoon in Seattle. First, a nice lunch at Elliots, followed by a little birthday party for my friend Stephanie's 1 year-old at the Children's Museum. Amazingly, Michelle did not get sick after rolling around on slobber covered play mats and grabbing everything possible to put directly into her mouth. This is the first decent photo I think we have of the three of us together, even though Michelle looks a little stunned. Michelle finally fit into the bling-bling princess outfit Great Grandma Bea gave her so she was Stylin'!

But 6 months old? How did my baby get to be 6 months old? I could be sad about it going by so fast, but the truth is each day is more exciting than the last. At every stage it seems like I have that moment where I want to cherish and keep her that way forever. But as soon as she does something new, I am simply overjoyed with the little person she is becoming. She totally digs eating which is a relief. As much as Barry and I enjoy good food, I am pleased that her initial reaction to new foods is essentially positive and embracing. She has this look whenever we try something new like "Oh it is a cornucopia of flavor! Where have you been all my life, O lovely sweet potato, O wonderful spinach, O beautiful prunes?"

Reflecting on the last 6 months, I never could have possibly imagined how my life would change with the introduction of this little being into my life. She has made me happier, my marriage stronger, and drawn meaning to the real priorities in my life. And surprisingly, I haven't completely eaten her up despite the lusciousness of those chubby little cheeks. I also couldn't have imagined that my size 6 pre-pregnancy jeans would be too big for me at this point. Which is why I must post the bathing suit photo. I will completely admit my vanity and profess that I do believe I am ONE HOT MOMMY and enjoy the size 4 "seven for all mankind" jeans I scored yesterday at TJ Maxx...while I can.

And another amazing thing. The piano. I have sat her down on my lap daily to plunk on the piano of which she showed very little interest. Until this past week. It was literally over night. She went from no interest in those black and white keys one day and the next day she was banging on them like a mad woman. Musical prodigy? You decide!

No comments: