An update on the sleep situation. It seems that part of the problem with getting Michelle to sleep in her crib at night is that we both find sleeping in the same bed mutually enjoyable. I mean, I would rather have my boobs back for myself, sprawl out and not worry about pillows or covers accidentally smothering my baby. But cuddling with my little girl is like a drug! Every night, I say 'This is the night. I am NOT bringing her to bed. Tonight is the night that she will sleep in her crib!" And every night, I cave in to her desires and bring her to bed for first rate snuggles. The thing is, she DOES sleep in her crib...during the day. GREAT naps. She is a bonified Daytime crib sleeper. Which only confirms my suspicions that I AM COMPLETELY to blame. I have created the nighttime boob monster and I am the one that has to fix it. I am also the one that needs to decide if it is something that needs to be fixed.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
New Toys
At least, new to Michelle. I bought this at the second hand kids store about 2 months ago but it was quite clear when we tried it the first time that Michelle needed a little more core strength and leg length to have fun with it. Now that she is sitting on her own, I brought the exersaucer in from the garage and wouldn't you know it, it fits and she LOVES it!


An update on the sleep situation. It seems that part of the problem with getting Michelle to sleep in her crib at night is that we both find sleeping in the same bed mutually enjoyable. I mean, I would rather have my boobs back for myself, sprawl out and not worry about pillows or covers accidentally smothering my baby. But cuddling with my little girl is like a drug! Every night, I say 'This is the night. I am NOT bringing her to bed. Tonight is the night that she will sleep in her crib!" And every night, I cave in to her desires and bring her to bed for first rate snuggles. The thing is, she DOES sleep in her crib...during the day. GREAT naps. She is a bonified Daytime crib sleeper. Which only confirms my suspicions that I AM COMPLETELY to blame. I have created the nighttime boob monster and I am the one that has to fix it. I am also the one that needs to decide if it is something that needs to be fixed.
An update on the sleep situation. It seems that part of the problem with getting Michelle to sleep in her crib at night is that we both find sleeping in the same bed mutually enjoyable. I mean, I would rather have my boobs back for myself, sprawl out and not worry about pillows or covers accidentally smothering my baby. But cuddling with my little girl is like a drug! Every night, I say 'This is the night. I am NOT bringing her to bed. Tonight is the night that she will sleep in her crib!" And every night, I cave in to her desires and bring her to bed for first rate snuggles. The thing is, she DOES sleep in her crib...during the day. GREAT naps. She is a bonified Daytime crib sleeper. Which only confirms my suspicions that I AM COMPLETELY to blame. I have created the nighttime boob monster and I am the one that has to fix it. I am also the one that needs to decide if it is something that needs to be fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment